Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from a 1973 book called "Chinese Cookery"
Make and share this Stir Fried Chicken With Cashews recipe from Food.com.
- 709.77 ml chicken breasts, cubed
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 51.76 ml cooking sherry
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 slice gingerroot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 44.37 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml chicken broth
- 78.07 ml roasted cashews
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml cornstarch (dissolved in 1 tsp water)
- In a large bowl, combine cubed chicken, ONE tablespoon of cornstarch, and TWO tablespoons of sherry. Mix thoroughly.
- Mix soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, broth, and remaining 1.5 tbs sherry. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tbs vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet. Add chicken and stir fry until lightly browned. Remove chicken from pan.
- Add the rest of the oil to pan. Stir fry the onions, garlic, and ginger root. for about 1 minute. Add cashews and stir to coat.
- Return chicken to pan and add soy sauce mixture. Bring to a boil and stir in the cornstarch mixture to thicken.
- Serve hot.
Very good, we enjoyed this! It was just a tiny bit too salty. I added fresh red pepper strips, and garnished with parsley. Thanks for posting!
Delightful! Simple and authentic. I served this to guests and got rave reviews. I like using green onions instead of the regular onions because they add gorgeous color contrast.