Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from Tase of Thailand by Kit Chan.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 -4 red chilies, seeded and chopped
- 1 lb chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 -3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 10 -12 leaves Thai basil
- 2 red chilies, finely sliced
- 20 leaves Thai basil, deep fried (optional)
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and swirl it around.
- Add the garlic and chilies and stir fry until golden.
- Add the chicken and stir fry until it changes color.
- Season with fish sauce, soy sauce and sugar. Continue to stir fry for 3-4 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. Stir in the fresh Thai basil leaves. Garnish with sliced chilies and the deep-fried basil, if using.