Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This has been an old favorite of mine for many years from the Bon Appetit magazine's "too busy to cook" section. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light molasses
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup canned sliced bamboo shoot, drained
- 4 green onions, sliced
- freshly cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients in medium bowl. Add chicken to marinade and stir to coat. Refrigerate at least 1 hour(can be prepared 1 day ahead).
- Drain chicken, reserving marinade. Heat half of reserved marinade in a wok or heavy large skillet over med.high heat(discard remaining marinade).Add chicken and stir-fry 4 minute Add snow peas and bamboo shoots and stir-fry for 1 minute Add green onions and stir-fry until chicken is cooked through, about 1 minute Serve with rice.
- Note: Cooking and prep. times do not include refrigeration time.