Recipe by windhorse23
This has been in my recipe collection for many years, on a piece of paper that was torn in half long ago. I think it's time to save it here. It's a very healthy and tasty meal that I've always enjoyed.
Top Review by rpgaymer
I really enjoyed this. I needed a dish that was fast to make and this one can be thrown together in 20 minutes- very cool. The ingredients don't seem like they would work together, but they really do. I did, however, add about a 1/2 tablespoon of fish sauce and a teaspoon of sriracha sauce for extra flavor. I like bold flavors though, so the soy sauce and lime juice should be more than enough for most people. While the dish was fine with chicken, I'd like to try tofu next time. Thanks for sharing.
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil, divided
- 340.19 g fresh green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2.46 ml salt, divided
- 59.14 ml water
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 226.79 g uncooked small shell pasta (shells, elbows, etc.)
- 425.24 g kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml fresh lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta, and drain well.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add green beans and 1/4 teaspoons salt. Cook and stir until beans are coated and hot. Add water. Stir-fry until beans are crisp-tender. Remove from skillet.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in the skillet. Add chicken, ginger, remaining salt and cook/stir until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from heat.
- Combine pasta, kidney beans, green beans, chicken, soy sauce and lime juice.
- Serve hot or cold. It's great both ways.