1/1 Photo of Stir-Fried Chicken Livers China Y Criolla Style
La Caridad 78 Restaurant on the upper west side of Manhattan serves Comidas China y Criolla cuisine (The meal of Chinese and Spanish-speaking Caribbean & Latin America Cuisines). I have often had this dish for lunch along with Spanish yellow rice and Cuban black beans. This is my version of this tasty dish and it is easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2Clean the chicken livers by removing the fat and grizzle, if individual pieces are in two sections cut in half, rinse under cold water and drain, set aside.
- 3Remove the core and seeds from the green pepper and coarse chop, set aside.
- 4Remove the outer skin of the onion and coarse chop, set aside.
- 5In a small dish add the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine (optional) and salt & pepper to taste, set aside.
- 6In a small dish add the peanut oil, set aside.
- 8Cooking Directions:.
- 9Place the chicken livers in a broiling pan (Ok to use tin foil for easy clean up), broil for about 10-15 minutes on one side, then turn and continue broiling for about 10 more minutes on the second side (times will vary based on the type of broiler used), set aside.
- 10In a wok add the peanut oil and when hot add the green peppers and onions, then stir-fry for 1 minute.
- 11Add the soy sauce mixture and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
- 12Add the chicken livers and stir-fry for about 1-2 minutes.
- 13On individual serving plates place the chicken livers along with some yellow Spanish rice (optional) and Cuban black beans (optional).
- 14Serve and Enjoy!
- 17You can double the recipe ingredients to serve 4 people (times may vary) and also this recipe can be served as a side dish as well Further, I have tried first placing the chicken livers in hot oil and then drained. Then I added to the wok, but the chicken livers still releases a lot of liquid which will become cloudy and a runny sauce (not to appealing).
Browse Our Top Chicken Livers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fried Chicken Livers China Y Criolla Style
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.3
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 784.8 mg
- Sodium 1169.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 41.0 g