Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Create a tasty dish in a matter of minutes with Ken Hom's simple but flavorful chicken stir-fry.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornflour (cornstarch)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 4 tablespoons spring onions
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped salted black beans
- 5 fluid ounces vegetable stock
- Place the chicken in a bowl and mix with the soy sauce, sherry, salt, sugar, sesame oil and cornflour.
- Heat a wok over a high heat and add the oil. When it is very hot (slightly smoking), add the chicken and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger, garlic, shallots, 1 & 1/2 tbsp of the spring onions and the black beans; stir-fry additional 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Garnish with the remaining spring onions and serve.