- Carla -'s Note:
Create a tasty dish in a matter of minutes with Ken Hom's simple but flavorful chicken stir-fry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornflour (cornstarch)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 4 tablespoons spring onions
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped salted black beans
- 5 fluid ounces vegetable stock
- 1Place the chicken in a bowl and mix with the soy sauce, sherry, salt, sugar, sesame oil and cornflour.
- 2Heat a wok over a high heat and add the oil. When it is very hot (slightly smoking), add the chicken and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- 3Add the ginger, garlic, shallots, 1 & 1/2 tbsp of the spring onions and the black beans; stir-fry additional 2 minutes.
- 4Add the stock and bring mixture to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat, cover and simmer 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- 6Garnish with the remaining spring onions and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-fried Chicken in Black Bean Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.9
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 615.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 25.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: