Recipe by Delete_
This was a recipe my mom taught me to make when I was 11. The two sauces are by Lee Kum Kee, and are 'Black Bean Sauce' and 'Minced Ginger & Shallot Sauce'. I made this in a Master Chef competition at my old school, and came second, although I was the clear public favourite :) Anyway, it's delicious, so try it out!
Top Review by Chef floWer
Yum! This was a delicious recipe! I couldn't find 'Lee Kum Kee' brand in my region, so I used an alternative brand and it worked well. I kept to the recipe but added one cup of organic black beans (which is normally hard to find) and it made a complete meal. Thanks Jaxies for a great recipe.
- 4 boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces (with skin)
- 6 shallots, peeled and slightly flattened
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (50 g) packet black bean sauce (Lee Kum Kee)
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger and shallot sauce (Lee Kum Kee)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 12 -14 ounces thai fragrant rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash rice and steam in rice cooker.
- Season chicken with white pepper. Add ginger and shallot sauce and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsps oil in a wok and lightly fry garlic over medium heat, until golden. Add chicken and brown on all sides, turning pieces over once or twice. Remove and drain off excess oil, leaving about 1 tbsp of the cooked oil in the wok.
- Fry the shallots until beginning to soften. Add black bean sauce and stir fry on high heat until sauce starts to bubble. Return chicken to wok and stir fry on high heat until cooked through.
- Serve immediately with steamed white rice.