Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Okay, this isn't my recipe, although I do intend on making it soon. It's one of the ones I acquired when the elves were clearing out the Recipezaar account. Please tell me what it's like if you make it.
- 2 chicken breasts, skinned and deboned
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 apples, peeled & chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons parsley, Chopped
- Cut chicken into cubes and place in bowl.
- Combine honey and curry and mix thru chicken.
- Stir in apple slices.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over high heat.
- Saute celery for 1 minute.
- Add apple mixture and stir fry 3-4 minutes, just until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add raisins and parsley, stir well and serve over rice.
This was delicious - my boyfriend was raving about it all night, and it is a bit similar to an Indian dish my mother prepares. I added a quarter of a red onion that I had in the fridge to the celery as it was sauteeing, and some salt and pepper, hence the four stars. I don't like my dishes too sweet, so I thought it would make it a bit more savory. Boyfriend said he would leave out the Parsley, and I thought this might be super tasty with maybe some slivered almonds. Delicious!
This recipe is published in a little cookbook of apple recipes that I own and I love it! I used Jamaican curry and served it over jasmine rice and it was perfect! Fast, easy, cheap and delicious - what more could I want in dinner? Thanks for posting!