Recipe by Dancer^
This is a recipe I got out of a newspaper a few years ago, we make it often and enjoy it everytime.
Top Review by Hey Jude
I made this for dinner last night and my family really liked it. I made a few minor changes: used 1 tsp. fresh, minced ginger for the ground ginger, had to use frozen pea pods because the fresh ones at my store looked awful, and used some fresh Chinese egg noodles that I had on hand instead of spaghetti. Turned out great and I'll make it again! Thanks Dancer for a good, after work recipe!
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 78.07 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml white wine or 59.14 ml additional chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.23 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 0.59 ml red pepper flakes
- 340.19 g boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 19.71 ml canola oil, divided
- 473.18 ml broccoli florets
- 473.18 ml julienned carrots
- 473.18 ml shredded Chinese cabbage or 473.18 ml napa cabbage
- 236.59 ml fresh snow pea, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 170.09 g spaghetti, broken
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first seven ingredients; set aside 3/4 cup.
- Place chicken in remaining marinade.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade.
- Stir-fry chicken in 2 teaspoons oil until no longer pink.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry broccoli and carrots in remaining oil.
- Add cabbage and peas.
- Stir-fry until tender crisp.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to directions.
- Combine cornstarch and reserved marinade; add to vegetable mixture.
- Bring to a boil; stir and cook until thickened.
- Add drained pasta and chicken to mixture; cook until heated through.