Recipe by Dancer^
This is a recipe I got out of a newspaper a few years ago, we make it often and enjoy it everytime.
Top Review by Hey Jude
I made this for dinner last night and my family really liked it. I made a few minor changes: used 1 tsp. fresh, minced ginger for the ground ginger, had to use frozen pea pods because the fresh ones at my store looked awful, and used some fresh Chinese egg noodles that I had on hand instead of spaghetti. Turned out great and I'll make it again! Thanks Dancer for a good, after work recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or 1⁄4 cup additional chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups julienned carrots
- 2 cups shredded Chinese cabbage or 2 cups napa cabbage
- 1 cup fresh snow pea, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6 ounces spaghetti, broken
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first seven ingredients; set aside 3/4 cup.
- Place chicken in remaining marinade.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade.
- Stir-fry chicken in 2 teaspoons oil until no longer pink.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry broccoli and carrots in remaining oil.
- Add cabbage and peas.
- Stir-fry until tender crisp.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to directions.
- Combine cornstarch and reserved marinade; add to vegetable mixture.
- Bring to a boil; stir and cook until thickened.
- Add drained pasta and chicken to mixture; cook until heated through.