Recipe by HAPPY TRACE
A lovely tasty dish with everything good for you. it also makes a great filling for spring rolls.
Top Review by kiwidutch
Loved it, I used zucchini and onion, red bell peppers and peas for my veggies and this was really tasty. I did change this a little though becuase I wanted to mix rice in with it and didn't want any sauce, just the main flavours, so I left out the cornflour and water and mixed the finished veggies and chicken into white rice. Yum! The sherry and sugar compliment the ginger and garlic really well, and it's fast and easy to fling together on a busy weekday evening. Please see my rating system: a lovely 4 stars for a recipes I will be making again. Thanks!
- 400 g chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 -6 cups vegetables, sliced the same size
- 2 -4 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the sliced chicken in a bowl with the next 7 ingredients. mix well together and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in pan till very hot.
- Add prepared vegetables and toss till well coated with oil and heated through.
- Add water and cover for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add extra oil to pan if necessary then add chicken, stir till white then return vegetables to pan.
- toss gently to mix.
- serve with noodles or rice.