Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Mike Wong, St. Cloud, MN (National Snowboard Champion 1998, men's 19 and over).
- 6 mixed mushrooms, lg. dried Chinese
- 4 ounces cellophane noodles
- 1 teaspoon ginger, crushed
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1⁄2 lb pork, diced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vinegar
- Soak mushrooms in water for 30 minutes; discard tough stocks; cut mushrooms into thin slices.
- Soak cellophane noodles, in a separate bowl, in hot water for 5 minutes; drain.
- Slice ginger, green onion, and pork.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Stir fry ginger, pork, and mushrooms for 2 minutes.
- Add green onions, chicken broth, bouillon cube, and soy sauce.
- Bring to boil; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add noodles, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Stir to mix.
- Simmer another 5 minutes.
This is something my DH makes for himself often. He usually uses whatever meat/veggies we have around, but we did enjoy the pork and mushrooms featured in this recipe. I would have liked fresh mushrooms better but DH liked the dried(and I had some that needed to be used!) Made for the Hot Pink Panthers, ZWT9.