Recipe by Dienia B.
From Mike Wong, St. Cloud, MN (National Snowboard Champion 1998, men's 19 and over).
Top Review by Chef Jean
This is something my DH makes for himself often. He usually uses whatever meat/veggies we have around, but we did enjoy the pork and mushrooms featured in this recipe. I would have liked fresh mushrooms better but DH liked the dried(and I had some that needed to be used!) Made for the Hot Pink Panthers, ZWT9.
- 6 mixed mushrooms, lg. dried Chinese
- 4 ounces cellophane noodles
- 1 teaspoon ginger, crushed
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1⁄2 lb pork, diced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak mushrooms in water for 30 minutes; discard tough stocks; cut mushrooms into thin slices.
- Soak cellophane noodles, in a separate bowl, in hot water for 5 minutes; drain.
- Slice ginger, green onion, and pork.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Stir fry ginger, pork, and mushrooms for 2 minutes.
- Add green onions, chicken broth, bouillon cube, and soy sauce.
- Bring to boil; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add noodles, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Stir to mix.
- Simmer another 5 minutes.