Recipe by yewoinfamilycooking
Tasty side-dish. I never liked steamed cauliflowers but fried with some coatings.
- 2 cauliflower heads
- 4 eggs (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk or 1 1⁄2 cups rice milk
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and discard the leaves; rinse with cold water.
- Boil water in a large pot; add salt and the cauliflowers; steam for two minutes and drain.
- Beat the eggs and milk very well; add a pinch of salt and the black pepper; slowly add the flour and blend it till smooth; OR mix the rice milk, the flour, black pepper, salt and beat until smooth.
- Dip the cauliflower florets with the mixture until each floret is coated well.
- In a large non-stick pan, in a medium heat sauté the garlic with one tablespoon of oil for a minute; remove garlic; add the rest of the oil.
- When the oil is hot, place the whole florets piece by piece on the pan; stir well for two to three minutes or until lightly brown; remove from heat/oil with straining spoon. Serve it warm.