- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, fat discarded,washed,patted dry,and cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons peanuts or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 12 ounces fresh snow peas, trimmed and rinsed or 1 package frozen pea pods, thawed and drained
- 1 cup carrot, cut diagonally in 1/4 slices (optional) 1/2 cup scallions (green onions), cut in 1 pieces
- 1⁄2 cup cashews
- hot cooked rice noodles or rice, as accompaniment
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly combine soy sauce, sherry, garlic and cornstarch, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a hot wok or large skillet until just smoking.
- Add chicken and stir-fry over high heat until browned on all sides.
- Add vegetables, and continue cooking until vegetables are just cooked and still crisp.
- Reduce heat, add soy sauce mixture, and continue cooking until sauce is thickened.
- Stir in cashews, and serve over hot rice noodles or rice.