Recipe by Manami
F&W Magazine, newsletter 01/092008. Looks very interesting and have put it here for safe-keeping.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kikkoman Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 lbs savoy cabbage, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup roasted whole cashews
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix the tomato paste, soy sauce, vinegar, black bean-chile sauce and 1/4 cup of water.
- Heat the oil in a wok.
- Add the garlic & crushed red pepper flakes(if using) and stir-fry over moderately high heat for about 30 seconds.
- Add the cabbage and stir-fry until just wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sauce mixture and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Serve topped with the cashews and brown rice.