Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Hey! I found this recipe after going through some old cookbooks we had. This makes a great side dish, and is perfect for serving over some rice. The ingredients are simple, and it takes no time at all to prepare. Enjoy!
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped gingerroot or 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped (about 1 teaspoon) or 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (I use a 4 ounce can of sliced mushrooms, drained)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- Spray wok or 12-inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray (or cooking oil); heat until hot.
- Add gingeroot and garlic; stir-fry for about 1 minute or until light brown.
- Add the broccoli, carrots, and onion; stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Stir in the broth and salt; cover and cook about 3 minutes or until the carrots are crisp-tender.
- Mix cornstarch and cold water; stir into the vegetable mixture.
- Cook and stir for approximately 10 seconds or until thickened.
- Add water chestnuts, mushrooms and oyster sauce; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Serves 4.