Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy! Local recipe with a few minor changes on my part. An excellent source of Vitamin A and C. Serve over Plain but Perfect-Every-Time Brown Rice.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok over high heat.
- Add the white onion and cook 3 minutes until brown and crispy.
- Add the carrots and stir fry another 3 minutes.
- Add the bok choy, green onions and mushrooms and stir fry an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour the broth over the vegetables and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Season with tamari and serve over a bed of brown rice.
- Yield is estimated as a side dish.
This was really good, I paired it with "Easy Chicken Thighs" by MissPenny and instead of using the soy sauce at the end, I used the broth from the chicken thighs (which has soy sauce in it) along with a couple drops of sesame oil. My family loved it.
Simple fast and good. Left out the brown rice and just served as a side dish. Thanks for sharing!
We loved this. Bok choy is one of mine and my oldest son's favorite stir-fry veggies. I didn't measure the bok choy, but I know I used more than 4 cups. For the tamari, I used 1/2 tbsp tamari and for the other 1/2 tbsp I used oyster sauce..... YUM! I served this as a side to Kiwidutch's Chinese Roasted Chicken and it was a perfect combination. I could easily eat this all by itself and I'm sure I will in the furture. ;) Thanx for posting.