from Cooking Light. Posted for safe-keeping. A lot of the cooking til is passive. Serving size: 2/3 cup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup boiling water
- 8 dried shiitake mushrooms (about 2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced and peeled
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 8 heads baby bok choy, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce, cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1Combine 1 cup boiling water and shiitake mushrooms in a bowl; cover and let stand 20 minutes. Drain mushrooms in a colander over a bowl, reserving liquid. Rinse mushrooms. Remove and discard stems; cut each cap into quarters. Set aside.
- 2Combine soy sauce, wine, and sugar in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 3Heat a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil and ginger to pan; sauté 30 seconds. Add reserved mushrooms; sauté 1 minute. Add reserved mushroom liquid and broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- 4Combine oyster sauce and cornstarch in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk; stir into mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- 5Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan. Add garlic; stir-fry 10 seconds. Add bok choy; stir-fry 2 minutes or until bok choy begins to soften. Add lettuce; stir-fry 2 minutes or until lettuce wilts. Stir in mushroom mixture and soy sauce mixture; cook 3 minutes or until bok choy is tender.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fried Bok Choy and Lettuce With Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.4
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 290.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth