Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick method to stir-fry bok choy so it does not turn mushy and pallid. Remember to treat freshly purchased bok choy like any other leafy green - unwashed in a loosely sealed plastic bag for no more than 3 days.
- Combine the soy sauce and sugar or the oyster sauce and the rice vinegar. Set aside.
- Trim bottom inch from head of bok choy. Wash leaves and pat dry. With knife, cut leafy green portion away from either side of triangular white stalk.
- Cut each white stalk in half lengthwise then crosswise into 1/2 inch pieces. Stack leafy greens then slice them crosswise into thin strips. Keep sliced stalks and leaves separate.
- Heat a 12 inch non-stick skillet over high heat, add the oil and swirl to coat. Add the bok choy stalks and cook, stirring frequently, until the edges start to turn translucent (4-5 minutes).
- Add the ginger and garlic, stirring frequently, for 30 seconds. Add the bok choy greens and the sauce mixture. Stir-fry mixture for 1 minute and serve immediately.