Broke Guy's Note:
This is a quick method to stir-fry bok choy so it does not turn mushy and pallid. Remember to treat freshly purchased bok choy like any other leafy green - unwashed in a loosely sealed plastic bag for no more than 3 days.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the soy sauce and sugar or the oyster sauce and the rice vinegar. Set aside.
- 2Trim bottom inch from head of bok choy. Wash leaves and pat dry. With knife, cut leafy green portion away from either side of triangular white stalk.
- 3Cut each white stalk in half lengthwise then crosswise into 1/2 inch pieces. Stack leafy greens then slice them crosswise into thin strips. Keep sliced stalks and leaves separate.
- 4Heat a 12 inch non-stick skillet over high heat, add the oil and swirl to coat. Add the bok choy stalks and cook, stirring frequently, until the edges start to turn translucent (4-5 minutes).
- 5Add the ginger and garlic, stirring frequently, for 30 seconds. Add the bok choy greens and the sauce mixture. Stir-fry mixture for 1 minute and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Bok Choys Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bok Choys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fried Bok Choy
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.7
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 613.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 3.6 g