Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 lb flank steak
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1 cup cauliflower, small florets
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrot, matchstick size
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced thin
- 1 cup bean sprouts, fresh
- 2 teaspoons ginger, fresh grated
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- Place the steak on a flat surface and, using a sharp knife, cut against the grain into slices about 2-inches wide.
- Slice each piece of steak horizontally into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Stack the slices and cut into 1/4-inch strips.
- Add the cornstarch to the steak and toss to coat.
- Place the steak in a bowl and sprinkle over the sugar and soy sauce, set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok or large skillet and add the cauliflower, green pepper and carrot.
- Cook, stirring, until crisp-tender.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, about 30 seconds longer.
- Add the bean sprouts and stir-fry for a few seconds longer.
- Remove the vegetables with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok or skillet.
- When it is very hot, add the ginger and garlic and cook, stirring, for a few sec.
- Add the steak and cook, shaking the wok and stirring the strips of steak to separate them and cook evenly, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Return the vegetables to the wok and toss quickly over high heat, then serve.
Awesome recipe. I picked this recipe due to the vegetables, including the bean sproats. Good balance of ingredients & flavours came out delish. I sub'd broccoli for the cauliflower & added abit of celery & finely chopped jalapeno. Great recipe, thanks for sharing.