Recipe by BrittanyS
This recipe was my first "Mushroom Monday Challenge" dinner. I love stir-fries, and this one comes together in a snap. You can always use any vegetables that you may have on hand if you are short what's listed in the ingredients. Red or green peppers could be used if you don't have asparagus, even a little sliced carrot would be delicious.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 beef steak, any kind, cut into 1 inch chunks (16-24 oz)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated (optional)
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 heads baby bok choy
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups cooked white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the rice, as per package directions, while you prepare the stir-fry.
- Add 1 tbsp to a large deep frying pan. Heat oil over high heat, about 30 seconds. Add beef to pan and cook until medium, or 3-5 minutes. Remove beef from pan, and set it aside.
- Lower the heat to medium, and add the remaining 1 tbsp oil. Add onions, garlic, and ginger (if using). Stir and cook for 30 seconds, then add asparagus, mushrooms and bok choy, cook 3-4 minutes or until vegetables have softened.
- Return beef to pan. Add soy sauce, sugar (if using), and pepper, toss to coat everything in sauce. Add 1/4 water, and raise heat to high, cook until water has slightly reduced and sauce starts to thicken.
- Serve stir-fry over hot white rice.