Stir-Fried Beef With Mango Salad
Ginger and Honey Dressing
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated (1 inch piece)
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 limes, juice of or 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup water
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into strips
- 2 ripe plums, sliced
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded (supposed to be 1/4 of a medium head)
- 2 ounces watercress leaves
- 1⁄2 cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 4 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 ounce of fresh mint, minced
- 1 ounce fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons roasted unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 14 ounces lean sirloin steaks, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- Combine the first 5 dressing ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Slowly add water, stirring, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in juice; set aside.
- Combine all salad ingredients (except peanuts), in a large shallow serving dish and gently toss together until evenly mixed; set aside.
- Toss the steak with garlic, sugar, and soy sauce.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet or wok.
- Add beef and stir-fry for about 3-5 minutes, until the strips are evenly browned and cooked to taste.
- Spoon stir-fried beef over the top of salad. Drizzle dressing over and sprinkle with peanuts.