Very good and very beautiful! Healthy too. Adapted from Women's Day Eating Light.
Make and share this Stir-Fried Beef With Mango Salad recipe from Food.com.
Ginger and Honey Dressing
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated (1 inch piece)
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 limes, juice of or 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup water
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into strips
- 2 ripe plums, sliced
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded (supposed to be 1/4 of a medium head)
- 2 ounces watercress leaves
- 1⁄2 cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 4 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 ounce fresh mint, minced
- 1 ounce fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons roasted unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 14 ounces lean sirloin steaks, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- Combine the first 5 dressing ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Slowly add water, stirring, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in juice; set aside.
- Combine all salad ingredients (except peanuts), in a large shallow serving dish and gently toss together until evenly mixed; set aside.
- Toss the steak with garlic, sugar, and soy sauce.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet or wok.
- Add beef and stir-fry for about 3-5 minutes, until the strips are evenly browned and cooked to taste.
- Spoon stir-fried beef over the top of salad. Drizzle dressing over and sprinkle with peanuts.
This is a great meal salad. I love the sweet fruit with the spicy gingery dressing. I feel so healthy too! Thanks for sharing this with us :)
Very nice salad and so pretty too. The dressing is perfect with the salad and the steak is wonderful after being tossed in the soy sauce mixture. I did use nectarines in place of the mango and parsley for the cilantro. The only thing I would do next time is use a little less mint and maybe omit the peanuts. Thank you Engrossed!
Excellent! And so pretty! This dish looks absolutely gorgeous when plated and the flavor lives up to the appearance. My only change, based on the ingredients on hand, was to substitute arugula for the watercress, which seemed to work very well.