Recipe by CulinaryQueen
An Oriental combination that is refreshingly different. You'll need a wok to cook this. From a book of Chinese cooking.
- 225 g filet of beef
- 1 tablespoon red wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large mango, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil or 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, shredded
- 1 tablespoon spring onion, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut beef into thin bite-sized slices.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl, add beef and marinade for 20 minutes.
- Set wok over a high heat.
- Add oil and wait until it's almost smoking, then reduce heat to moderate.
- Add beef and ginger and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes and remove with slotted spoon.
- Toss the mango slices in the hot oil then return the beef and ginger to wok along with the spring onions.
- Stir over the heat about 1 minute.
- Serve over rice.