Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
For a really good low cal meal, serve this over any leafy veggie,(romaine,spinach, chopped cabbage, etc.)
- 1 (3/4 lb) lean flank steak
- 1⁄3 cup madeira wine or 1⁄3 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 8 green onions, diagonally sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Trim fat from steak.
- Partially freeze steak, slice diagonally across grain into thin strips.
- Combine steak, Madeira and pepper in a medium bowl, stirring well, let stand 15 minutes, drain, reserving marinade.
- Coat a large frypan with cooking spray and place over high heat until hot.
- Add steak to frypan, stir fry 1 minute.
- Remove from frypan, set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add green onions, stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add reserved marinade, bring to a boil.
- Combine cornstarach, salt and water, stir well and add to marinade mixture in frypan.
- Return steak to frypan, cook until sauce is thickened, stirring constantly.
This is very good, I used dry sherry as that is what I had. I added more of the sherry after cooking as there wasn't much flavor. I will try it with Madeira next time.