Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a very simple but tasty recipe for ginger beef. I like to add 3 cloves of garlic minced but that is optional. White wine or apple juice can be substituted for the Sherry but Sherry is best
- 1 lb flank steak, cut to suit stir fry
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 slices fresh ginger, shredded
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, disolved in 2 1/2 tsp water
- 3 green onions, cut into 3 1/2-inch pieces
- Sprinkle the steak with salt, cornstarch and 1 1/2 tsp of the oil.
- Heat remaining oil in a skillet.
- Add steak and ginger and stir fry over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce, wine, sugar and the cornstarch/water mixture.
- Stir fry 1 minute longer.
- Add green onions, stir and serve.
I and the family really liked this one... well done!
This was wonderful-so simple to make! My daughter, who usually dislikes chinese, devoured this tasty beef.
Bergy Bergy Bergy, this is the perfect dish...easy fast and delicious! I used rump steak and added the garlic...on the plates in 15 minutes..love it!