Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chinese favourite stand-by. The sauce is also very nice with vegetables chopped into bite size pieces - broccoli, carrot, capsicum, baby corn etc..etc..
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 600 g steak fillets, cut thinly 2 . 5cm strips
- 2⁄3 cup beef stock
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- steamed rice, to serve
- Heat wok over medium high heat until hot.
- Add 3tsp oil.
- Swirl to coat.
- Add onion and garlic. Stir-fry 1-2 minutes. Transfer to bowl.
- Increase heat to high, Add 3 tsp oil and half the beef. Stir fry for 3 minutes. Remove from wok to plate. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Blend together 1 tablespoon stock and cornflour. Combine mixture with remaining stock, pepper, soy and hoisin sauce. Pour into wok.
- Cook stirring for 3 minutes until sauce comes to the boil.
- Return beef and onion mixture to wok.
- Stir fry 2 minutes until all heated through.
this was very good. adjust the pepper to your desire. I used hamburger because that is what I had. I added green onion, mushrooms and bell peppers. I'm thinking I should make this again tomorrow.