Stir-Fried Beef With Coconut
- Mix the chili powder, turmeric and salt with 1 tablespoon of oil and rub the mixture into the beef slices. Set aside.
- Dry-roast the spice mix ingredients together over medium heat for 1 minute, taking care that they do not burn, then grind them into a fine powder.
- Heat remaining oil in wok and put the curry leaves and the dried red chillies each torn in 2 or 3 pieces. Add the beef and coconut chips, retaining some of the chips for the garnish, and saute over high heat until the meat is seared on both sides.
- Reduce the heat and add the tomatoes, the ground spices and salt to taste. Stir-fry until the meat is done, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with coconut chips.