Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another ricecooker site recipe! They have some great ones over there. I loev steak and I love snow peas, so any chance to put them together is a treat. Lots of ginger here - so be warned. This would be best served over rice of your choice. Cooking time includes marinating time.
- 1 lb lean sirloin steaks, fat trimmed
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon safflower oil
- 2 green onions
- 3⁄4 lb asparagus
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1 cup trimmed whole snow peas
- Cut steak into thin strips and place in a large bowl with sherry, sesame oil, gingerroot, and garlic. Marinate 15 minutes.
- Cut green onions into 1/2-inch pieces, trim asparagus and cut into 1-inch lengths.
- Heat wok over medium-high heat and add safflower oil.
- Stir-fry green onions, asparagus, and bell pepper for 2 minutes, then remove to a platter and keep warm in oven.
- Add steak AND marinade to wok, stir-frying for 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine oyster sauce and arrowroot.
- Add to steak and cook for 1 minute.
- Add vegetable mixture and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Toss in snow peas, cover wok, and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.