1/1 Photo of Stir-Fried Beef in Oyster Sauce
Brian Holley's Note:
A simple and delicious dish using several types of mushrooms. The thin slices of beef are marinaded for two hour before cooking. Fast to cook this makes a very good dish when entertaining.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb rump steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered (mixed varieties )
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 spring onions, cut into short pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 red chilies, fresh and seeded cut into fine strips
- 1Mix the soy sauce with the corn starch, stir in the beef. Set aside for two hours.
- 2Heat half of the oil in a wok and fry the garlic and ginger till just fragrant.
- 3Stir in the beef with any marinade left over, till coloured. Remove from pan.
- 4Heat the remaining oil in the wok and fry the mushrooms till tender.
- 5Return the beef to the wok with the mushrooms. Add the oyster sauce, sugar and black pepper, mix well and add the spring onions.
- 6Serve garnished with the red chilie.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fried Beef in Oyster Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.4
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 69.1 mg
- Sodium 816.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 27.1 g