Recipe by Brian Holley
A simple and delicious dish using several types of mushrooms. The thin slices of beef are marinaded for two hour before cooking. Fast to cook this makes a very good dish when entertaining.
- 1 lb rump steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered (mixed varieties )
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 spring onions, cut into short pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 red chilies, fresh and seeded cut into fine strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the soy sauce with the corn starch, stir in the beef. Set aside for two hours.
- Heat half of the oil in a wok and fry the garlic and ginger till just fragrant.
- Stir in the beef with any marinade left over, till coloured. Remove from pan.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok and fry the mushrooms till tender.
- Return the beef to the wok with the mushrooms. Add the oyster sauce, sugar and black pepper, mix well and add the spring onions.
- Serve garnished with the red chilie.