These are delicious. Make sure the skillet or wok is extremely hot before adding the meat, Can substitute 1 pound skinless and boneless chicken or 1 pound pork loin, sliced for flank steak.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 lb flank steak, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 green peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- sour cream
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine 2 tablespoons oil, lime juice, garlic, cumin and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a shallow dish or zip-top freezer bag; add steak. Cover or seal and let stand 30 minutes.
- Remove steak from marinade; discarding marinade.
- Pat beef dry with paper towels.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat; add beef, and stir fry 3 minutes.
- Remove beef from skillet with a slotted spoon. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, and onion; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir fry 6 minutes or until tender.
- Wrap tortillas in plastic wrap. Microwave on high 20 seconds.
- Spoon beef and vegetable mixtures evenly over tortillas; add desired toppings, and roll up. Serve immediately.
GREAT fajitas! I used some round steaks that I had for the flank steak. I also used frozen stir fry peppers and onions in place of the fresh peppers and onions. Delicious! The meat had a tangy sauce that really complimented the sweet peppers and onions. Will definitely make again. Thanks!