Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
The best stir fry I've come up with. I have a couple more I use but this is the one we do most. A quick meal that is very good.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 lb top round steak, sliced thin
- olive oil (as you need it)
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup radish, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, firm part,cut in small strips
- 1⁄4 cup sweet red pepper, in small slices
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- In small bowl, mix first 7 ingredients.
- Set aside.
- In hot wok, stir fry steak, in olive oil 1/2 at a time for 2 minutes.
- Remove from wok and keep warm.
- Add oil if you need to, stir first the celery for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots, 2 more minutes.
- Add radishes,1 minute.
- Add zucchini, 1 minute.
- Add sweet pepper, 1 minute.
- Add peas and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the small bowl of sauce and stir till it boils.
- Add the steak and heat through.
- Serve over rice.
Excellent, Excellent. One of the best stir-"fries" we've had. Easy to follow. Ended up omitting radishes, zucchini, and peas and substituted with broccoli and cauliflower because that's what we had on end. Thank you for a delicious recipe! We will definitely be making again.
very good indeed. not a fan of veggies so left out all vegetables except carrots and celery. a hit.