Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
A recipe clipping from a dollar store book.
- 3⁄4-1 lb flank steak, cut diagonally into thin strips
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium green peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 8 ounces sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, dissolve bouillon in water.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch and sugar; stir into bouillon mixture.
- In a large heavy skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over high heat.
- Add garlic and meat; stir-fry for 2 minutes( meat will be slightly pink in the center).
- Remove meat and juices.
- Wipe pan; heat 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add vegetables and stir-fry 2 minutes over high heat.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil around edge of pan; add meat and juices, then bouillon mixture.
- Stir, covered and cook 2 minutes.