Recipe by Princess Pea
From Taste of Home. A regular at our house. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 3⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 6 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 cups sliced bok choy (or grn cabbage)
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaf, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large baggie, combine water, soy sauce and sugar; add chicken.
- Seal bag, turn to coat chicken. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a wok or skillet, stir-fry onions in 1 teaspoon oil until crisp-tender.
- Stir in garlic & pepper flakes; cook & stir for 1 minute.
- Remove & keep warm.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. In the same wok, stir-fry chicken in 3 teaspoons oil for 4-5 minute.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, saute the cabbage in remaining oil until crisp-tender.
- Add onion mixture to chicken.
- Stir in basil; heat through.
- Serve over the cabbage (or bok choy).