In ‘ Williams-Sonoma: One Pot of the Day’
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon peeled grated fresh ginger
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or 1/4 cup sake
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds or 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 1In a large frying pan, heat the oil over high heat.
- 2Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant but not browned, about 30 seconds.
- 3Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until they begin to brown, about 2 minutes.
- 4Add the asparagus and cook, stirring constantly, until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes.
- 5Add the wine, broth, and soy sauce and cook until the liquid is reduced and the vegetables are tender, 2-3 minutes.
- 6Stir in the sesame seeds and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fried Asparagus With Shiitakes
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.5
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 296.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 3.3 g