Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
In ‘ Williams-Sonoma: One Pot of the Day’
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon peeled grated fresh ginger
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 1⁄4 cup sake
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth or 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds or 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over high heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant but not browned, about 30 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until they begin to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and cook, stirring constantly, until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Add the wine, broth, and soy sauce and cook until the liquid is reduced and the vegetables are tender, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the sesame seeds and serve.