Recipe by Chocolatl
This is from the June, 1979 issue of Better Homes and Gardens. This can be served with rice, if desired.
Top Review by loof
This is a terrific veggie dish - quick and easy to make and delicious! I left out the onions, otherwise made as directed. I served this as a side dish but next time will serve as a main course over rice or tossed with pasta. Loved this - thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and diagonally sliced into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 green onions, cut diagonally into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend water and cornstarch together in a small bowl.
- Stir in soy sauce and salt and set aside.
- Preheat wok or heavy skillet over high heat.
- Add oil and heat about 1 minute.
- Add asparagus and green onions and stir fry about 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and stir-fry for 1 minute more.
- Stir soy mixture.
- Push vegetables to the side of the wok.
- Pour soy mixture in center of wok.
- Let bubble slightly, then stir in vegetables.
- Cook and stir until mixture is bubbly.
- Add tomatoes and cook until heated through.