Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
I've had this recipe for years, and I finally tried it. This is a tasty way to make asparagus. I skipped the oriental sesame oil, and it still went along nicely with my Grilled Shrimp Scampi. Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers Smart Choice Recipe Collection.
- In a small bowl, blend the chicken broth and soy sauce with the corn starch.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, warm the oil until hot but not smoking.
- Add the scallions, ginger, and garlic, and stir-fry until fragrant or about 30 seconds.
- Add the asparagus and stir-fry until the asparagus turns bright green, about 1 minute.
- Add the broth mixture and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring, until the sauce has thickened.
- Cover and steam over medium-high heat until the asparagus is crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, stir the sesame seeds over medium heat until toasted (I put mine in the microwave for a minute instead). This will take 2 to 4 minutes on the stove.
- Add the sesame oil to the asparagus and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle the asparagus with the sesame seeds and serve.