I've had this recipe for years, and I finally tried it. This is a tasty way to make asparagus. I skipped the oriental sesame oil, and it still went along nicely with my Grilled Shrimp Scampi. Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers Smart Choice Recipe Collection.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, blend the chicken broth and soy sauce with the corn starch.
- 2In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, warm the oil until hot but not smoking.
- 3Add the scallions, ginger, and garlic, and stir-fry until fragrant or about 30 seconds.
- 4Add the asparagus and stir-fry until the asparagus turns bright green, about 1 minute.
- 5Add the broth mixture and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring, until the sauce has thickened.
- 6Cover and steam over medium-high heat until the asparagus is crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, in a small skillet, stir the sesame seeds over medium heat until toasted (I put mine in the microwave for a minute instead). This will take 2 to 4 minutes on the stove.
- 8Add the sesame oil to the asparagus and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- 9Sprinkle the asparagus with the sesame seeds and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fried Asparagus and Sesame Seeds (Weight Watchers)
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.9
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 105.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 6.8 g