Recipe by Trisha W
I always enjoy asparagus - and this is for other asparagus lovers. The carrots add a lovely contrast of color. And it is only 43 calories a serving!
Top Review by echo echo
Asparagus & carrots are two vegetables I think just about everyone loves (certainly everyone in my family, and they are particularly appealing mixed in this soy-based sauce. I wish I was able to post pictures because this is a very beautiful dish with its vivid bright green and bright orange. What a treat that they're healthy and low-calorie, as well. This will become a regular at my dinner table!
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 24 asparagus spears, cut into 1/2 inch diagonal pieces
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine broth, soy sauce, cornstarch and sugar in a small bowl, stirring until items are disolved making a broth.
- Heat oil, in a non-stick skillet, then add the asparagus pieces, cooking and stirring constantly, until bright green (about 2 minutes).
- Add the broth mixture and carrots, cooking and stirring constantly until sauce is thickened and asparagus tender (about 3 more minutes).