Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Asparagus is probably my favorite veggie and here is a quick and tasty way to prepare it!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon shredded parmesan cheese
- In a skillet or wok, heat oil; stir-fry the asparagus, onion and garlic over medium-high heat until tender.
- Add the almonds, lemon juice, soy sauce and lemon peel; toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (optional).
Great asparagus side dish. This was simple and delish. Thanks for sharing. Made for Best of 2013 Tag.
This is a wonderful recipe. We loved all the different tastes; a bit of cheese in this bite, a bit of almond in this bite, and on. I did use a shallot in place of onion because it was handy. Will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing. Made for Best of 2013 tag.
Right up our alley! So simple, and so delicious! Did you not hear me: DELICIOUS and SO SIMPLE! We served this as a side to Recipe#11642 #11642, and that is about as easy as it could get! LOVED THIS DINNER! Made for Best of 2013, per advice from FLKeysJen