Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is my favorite way to prepare asparagus. It tastes so crisp and good. Its getting to be that time of year here in the northwoods.
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or to taste)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- cayenne pepper
- Wash and slice asparagus into larger slices.
- Drain well.
- Heat large electric fry pan or heavy stove top frying pan to medium heat and melt butter.
- When melted add garlic and saute just until you can smell the fragrance of the garlic.
- Add asparagus and stir until contents are combined.
- Fry about one minute uncovered then cover for another minute.
- Repeat until desired doneness.
- Watch carefully so it does not overcook.
- Takes just a few minutes depending of the size of spears.
- This also tastes good with crisp fried bacon pieces sprinkled on top.
Very nice easy..added a spritz of lemon juice.
This was excellent - everyone loved it. Very easy to make.