Bonnie Young's Note:
This is my favorite way to prepare asparagus. It tastes so crisp and good. Its getting to be that time of year here in the northwoods.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and slice asparagus into larger slices.
- 2Drain well.
- 3Heat large electric fry pan or heavy stove top frying pan to medium heat and melt butter.
- 4When melted add garlic and saute just until you can smell the fragrance of the garlic.
- 5Add asparagus and stir until contents are combined.
- 6Fry about one minute uncovered then cover for another minute.
- 7Repeat until desired doneness.
- 8Watch carefully so it does not overcook.
- 9Takes just a few minutes depending of the size of spears.
- 10This also tastes good with crisp fried bacon pieces sprinkled on top.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir Fried Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.5
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 396.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 5.2 g