Recipe by lazyme
As with most stir-fries I add and delete ingredients depending upon what I have on hand. This is a good basic veggie stir-fry from Cooking Light. Prep all of the ingredients before you start cooking because the cooking phase is quick.
Top Review by GibbyLou
This is a great recipe. The sauce was delicious and as has been remarked many different veggie combinations would work. I did not use baby corn or mushrooms due to personal preference. I bet broccoli would be good too! Thanks for sharing.
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup carrot, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup celery, sliced diagonally
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups snow peas, trimmed
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can straw mushrooms, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a wire whisk until well-blended.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Add carrot, celery, and onion; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add snow peas, corn, and mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add broth mixture; stir-fry 1 minute or until thick and bubbly.