Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
I LOVE kettle corn, and after much experimentation, I have created the perfect recipe for home-made kettle corn by using my favorite popcorn-making device--the Stir Crazy Popcorn Popper.
- Make sure your Stir Crazy Popcorn Popper is turned off.
- Using your Stir Crazy Popcorn Popper, combine ingredients on the non-stick surface of the machine.
- Cover the Stir Crazy Popcorn Popper with the bowl provided by Stir Crazy.
- Turn on Stir Crazy Popcorn Popper.
- Watch the popcorn pop! It's fun!
- When only 3 seconds remain in between pops, flip Stir Crazy Popcorn Popper over to yield a big bowl of kettle corn.
- Salt to your liking!
I have been making this for years. My girlfriend made this for a party at our house and I am afraid I made a PIG out of myself. She gave me a stir crazy for a house warming gift and I have been making it ever since. I use about half the oil but otherwise I do exactly the same thing. It is easy, inexpensive, and a hit wherever you bring it. Sometimes I add m&m, candy corn, and/or peanuts.
I was very afraid that I would ruin my stir crazy with this recipe, but I went forward. I didn't use the full 1/2 C oil as it seems like soooo much! I also added a few extra kernels of corn. I could feel some of the oil splattering out as it popped, so keep kids a little farther away than normal. It was AWESOME!!!! My kids LOVED it and it was gobbled up quickly! Don't soak your machine....I had to use a rag to scrub out the cooked sugar, but it wasn't difficult. Awesome treat!!!
I was skeptical when the mixture looked a bit like soup in my Stir Crazy...I was skeptical watching in bunch up on the stirring wand. But the end result? WOW. That it good stuff. My Stir Crazy can handle 3/4 cup of corn so I let my i/2 cup spill over a bit in hopes to reduce the clumping reporting in other reviews and it seemed to work. Warning, there may be some very hot oil still on the bottom when doing the flip which will spill out, stand as clear as possible! This tastes great and will certainly be used often in our house.