Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Morning Food; Margaret S. Fox
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped toasted almond
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a big bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, oil, cream, and vanilla together; set aside.
- In another bowl, sift together the nutmeg, flours, salt, and baking powder.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir quickly—just enough to blend ingredients—for about 15-20 seconds.
- Fold in almonds and berries; pour into muffin tins prepared either with papers or nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until golden.