Recipe by Hani Selamat
Just saw that stingray is on sale at my local hypermarket, so came here to look up some recipes and found only one! So decided to add more. Found this one at http://fooddownunder.com.
- 1 lb stingray, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 4 tablespoons onions, grated
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 cup cracker crumb
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pinch nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a saucepan. Add mushrooms, celery, onion, green pepper and basil. Saute the Mushroom Mixture for about 10 minutes or until celery is tender.
- While mushrooms are sauteing, make the White Sauce by melting 4 tablespoons of butter in the top of a double boiler. Stirring constantly, gradually add the flour. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg. Slowly pour in milk. Cook and stir for about 6 minutes until sauce is thick and smooth.
- Add stingray to the Mushroom Mixture and cook for about 5 minutes. Combine stingray and Mushroom Mixture with the White Sauce and stir well. Pour everything into a casserole dish. Cover with cracker crumbs and top with grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake in oven for approximately 20 minutes or until casserole is golden brown.