Recipe by rsarahl
It's a savoury dish with that excellent bite of stilton! We don't eat much red meat anymore and this recipe is very good using turkey breast fillets.
- 2 lean filet of beef or 2 fillet turkey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 slice bread, crust removed and cut into 4 cubes
- 2 portabella mushrooms or 4 large white button mushrooms, cut into thick slices
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons creme fraiche
- salt and black pepper
- 2 ounces Stilton cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter, 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 clove crushed garlic in a frying pan.
- Add bread cubes and cook for 1-2 minutes each side until they resemble croutons.
- Remove from pan with any cooked garlic pieces.
- Spoon 1 tsp olive oil into the pan and heat.
- Add 2 cloves crushed garlic, mushrooms, and fillet of choice.
- For fillets up to 1 1/4 inches thick, cook 2 1/2 mintues per side for medium doneness or 3 1/2 minutes per side for well done.
- In a small bowl mix together 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley and 4 tbsp crème fraîche.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top the cooked fillet with garlic mushrooms, 2oz of Stilton and garlic croutons.
- Spoon on the parslied crème fraîche and serve.