Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious dessert using English blue cheese. Posted for ZWT-8-Great Britain
Make and share this Stilton-Stuffed Baked Pears recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 8 bartlett pears, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon port wine
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine sugar and butter in a small bowl and stir until well blended. Add cheese, cranberries and pecans. Stir well.
- Cut 1 inch off stem end of each pear; reserve top. Remove core from stem end, and scoop out about 2 tablespoons pulp from each pear to form a cup, using a melon baller or spoon. If necessary, cut about 1/4 inch from base of pears so they will sit flat. Place the pears in a 13 x9 inch baking dish. Fill each pear with about 2 tablespoons sugar mixture, and replace top on each.
- Combine juice and port in a small bowl, pour into baking dish. Bake pears at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until tender. Serve warm.
Delectable and delightful, this dessert is so tasty! I made one of these, using a Stilton cheese with apricots and the rest of the ingredients listed. Made for ZWT8. Thanks Nancy's Pantry! :)