Prep 19 mins
Cook 10 mins
Slather some butter and jam on these bad boys before they have had a chance to cool completely.
Make and share this Stilton Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb self rising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 ounces Stilton cheese, grated or 2 ounces other blue cheese
- 5 fluid ounces milk, plus extra for brushing
- Sift the flour, salt, mustard and cayenne pepper into a bowl.
- Rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the grated cheese.
- Add the milk all at once.
- Mix to a soft, but not sticky, dough with a knife.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead quickly until smooth.
- Roll out to about ½-inch thickness.
- Cut into 7 or 8 rounds with a 2½-inch round cutter.
- Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Brush the tops with milk.
- Bake at 450°F for 7-10 minutes or until well risen and golden.
- Cool on a wire cooling rack.
I am a sucker for a savory scone or muffin! These were delish! Thanks for sharing!
Very easy and delicious! I took Mille's advice and put apricot jam on one and it was great! These will definitely be a keeper to have with soups and for snacks.