Slather some butter and jam on these bad boys before they have had a chance to cool completely.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift the flour, salt, mustard and cayenne pepper into a bowl.
- 2Rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- 3Mix in the grated cheese.
- 4Add the milk all at once.
- 5Mix to a soft, but not sticky, dough with a knife.
- 6Turn onto a lightly floured surface.
- 7Knead quickly until smooth.
- 8Roll out to about ½-inch thickness.
- 9Cut into 7 or 8 rounds with a 2½-inch round cutter.
- 10Transfer to a baking sheet.
- 11Brush the tops with milk.
- 12Bake at 450°F for 7-10 minutes or until well risen and golden.
- 13Cool on a wire cooling rack.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stilton Scones
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.6
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 615.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 5.1 g