Recipe by conniecooks
This comes from an appetizer book belonging toone of my daughters. You could certainly use half wholewheat flour if you choose. Also although pear is sublime in this dish,thinly sliced apple or whit grapes coud work.
- 4 ounces Stilton cheese
- 4 ounces butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 unblemished small ripe pears
- 1⁄2 cup creme fraiche
- watercress leaf (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl mix cheese and butter till pale and creamy with an electric mixer.
- Add flour, walnuts, and season generously with freshly ground black pepper. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and bring together.
- Press into a 12 x 8 inch shallow pan. Score with a knife to make 20 even pieces.
- Bake 20 -25 min or until slightly golden. Cut while hot.
- Cool in pan.
- Close to serving time thinly slice pears.
- To assemble put a small dot or Creme Fraiche on each biscuit, top with a slice of pear,spoon a small dollop of Creme fraiche over pear and garnish with watercress sprigs.