Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is recipe #3 from *Microwave Cooking* by Lorna Rhodes & gets high marks from me because I love the primary ingredients & due to its versatility. It would make a great finger-food appy, starter course or tasty side when served w/beef or chicken. *Enjoy* !
- 8 ounces mixed mushrooms (lrg & flat)
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 shallots (finely chopped)
- 6 ounces Stilton cheese (may use the other British variety of Blue)
- 1 ounce fresh breadcrumb
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Carefully remove the stalks from the mushrooms & chop finely. Wipe the caps w/damp kitchen paper.
- Place half the butter in a bowl & microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Then add the mushroom stalks + shallots & cook on HIGH for 2 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Crumble in the cheese. Then add breadcrumbs & salt + pepper to taste & mix well. Divide mixture among the mushroom caps.
- Place the remaining butter in a lrg shallow dish & microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Place the stuffed mushrooms in the dish, cook for 2 minutes & serve immediately.
Delicious! So glad lazyme suggested I try this recipe....so good! And it is so quick and easy to do. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Delicious! OK I must confess, I got sliced mushrooms so mine is a little different, but no less fantastic. I sauted the mushrooms and shallots in butter and then transferred them to a plate and topped them with the crumble4d Stilton. I popped the dish in the microwave for a minute and it melted to a tasty blue heaven! I made this for ZWT #6 and I'm a Quisine Queen!
These were great! I made it as written for 2 servings. I liked the ease of cooking in the microwave. I will make these again when I need a quick appy. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 6.