Recipe by twissis
This is recipe #3 from *Microwave Cooking* by Lorna Rhodes & gets high marks from me because I love the primary ingredients & due to its versatility. It would make a great finger-food appy, starter course or tasty side when served w/beef or chicken. *Enjoy* !
- 8 ounces mixed mushrooms (lrg & flat)
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 shallots (finely chopped)
- 6 ounces Stilton cheese (may use the other British variety of Blue)
- 1 ounce fresh breadcrumb
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Carefully remove the stalks from the mushrooms & chop finely. Wipe the caps w/damp kitchen paper.
- Place half the butter in a bowl & microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Then add the mushroom stalks + shallots & cook on HIGH for 2 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Crumble in the cheese. Then add breadcrumbs & salt + pepper to taste & mix well. Divide mixture among the mushroom caps.
- Place the remaining butter in a lrg shallow dish & microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Place the stuffed mushrooms in the dish, cook for 2 minutes & serve immediately.