Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
SOURCE IGOURMET.COM This is a wonderful combination of texture and flavor. Recipe by Steven Wheeler for the Stilton Cheese Makers' Association
- Peel and quarter the potatoes, cover with cold water, bring to a.
- boil and cook for 20-25 minutes until they begin to fall apart.
- Drain the potatoes, leaving a little of the cooking water in the.
- Add the potatoes and mash until there are no lumps, stir.
- in the milk, mix in the walnuts, crumble in the Stilton and.
- season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Adjust the.
- consistency of the mashed potatoes with milk until it begins to.
- fall from the spoon.
- To make the gravy, brown the onions in vegetable oil to give.
- them flavor. Stir in the flour, gradually add the chicken stock.
- and stir over heat to thicken. Serve with STILTON mashed.
- Recipe by Steven Wheeler for the Stilton Cheese Makers'.