Chef Shadows's Note:
SOURCE IGOURMET.COM This is a wonderful combination of texture and flavor. Recipe by Steven Wheeler for the Stilton Cheese Makers' Association
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces Stilton cheese, rind removed
- 2 lbs about 4 large potatoes
- 2 ounces walnuts, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup milk
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Peel and quarter the potatoes, cover with cold water, bring to a.
- 2boil and cook for 20-25 minutes until they begin to fall apart.
- 3Drain the potatoes, leaving a little of the cooking water in the.
- 5Add the potatoes and mash until there are no lumps, stir.
- 6in the milk, mix in the walnuts, crumble in the Stilton and.
- 7season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- 8Adjust the.
- 9consistency of the mashed potatoes with milk until it begins to.
- 10fall from the spoon.
- 11To make the gravy, brown the onions in vegetable oil to give.
- 12them flavor. Stir in the flour, gradually add the chicken stock.
- 13and stir over heat to thicken. Serve with STILTON mashed.
- 15Recipe by Steven Wheeler for the Stilton Cheese Makers'.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stilton Mashed Potato With Toasted Walnuts and Onion Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.9
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.3 mg
- Sodium 561.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 17.1 g